Friday, February 26, 2010

Hair stare

I'm getting some serious hair stare at the airport.  I said earlier that airports can be counted on for diversity and the reactions to the green hair are no exception.  I've had my picture taken by some strangers, that's a first and some kid in an argyle sweater with spiky blond hair has been staring at me for twenty minutes.  I don't know why he doesn't just say something.  He's literally six feet away from me and gawking, I look back occasionally and then he turns away for a minute. 

I decided to move to my gate location and as I sat down this old lady gave me a wtf?  look.  I love old ladies :)  In a few years her white hair might accidentally turn blue when she does her rinse.  As I walked to my new location some other lady said rather loudly, "nice hair!"   I could tell she meant it, too, which was nice.  I'm not complaining about any of this.  Even though I don't do it for the attention, I rather like it.  Ninety percent of the time, when I notice a reaction from passersby, they smile and that makes me smile right back.  

I got my bag checked for the first time ever, don't think it has anything to do with the hair but you never know.  The agent was very nice and he had a legitimate reason.  I had wrapped a piece of selenite in a sock to keep it undamaged and he said it looked strange in the scan.  After he tested it (don't know what he did) he rescanned it and said I could have it back.  My flight is boarding now, woohoo!  Bye!

No comments: