Friday, August 7, 2009

Clues & Clyfford


What I do is follow the clues. They lead me all over the world and all over the sidewalk. Sometimes stuck on people for years, a decade or two minutes...enough time to point me to the bathroom or make me an agent. This is my philosophy. I live for it. Clues lead my life or rather I follow them to life. Everyone I know has been a clue, what else have they been for you? A book, a song, an email? A date with the dentist or with an herbalist? It's so simple this way. No matter what happens you've done your job. You are/I am tuned in. It is energizing. Like the great Yogis who lived with eyes half shut, balanced between heavens and earth. I am no great Yogi, but they are around to be called upon in an emergency. You don't even have to fly to Nepal. Don't have to pick up a book. Be with the clues. They will never fail you.


Painting by Clyfford Still

No comments: