Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cosmo Night

Because I laugh.
Because you
do,

too. I can't
say no
more.

Sea gulls? Herons?
God? ha
ha.

There isn't an
answer to
this.

I am not
untouchable. I'm
not

anything which has
a name.
Why

is this form
useful? How
did

it become so?
You. You
are

the connection to
this burp
of

cosmo. Ask me
not why.
I

wish I knew.
Galaxy creation.
Stars

as child. "You
will have
a

boy and girl,"
she said.
"You

will meet your
love at
higher

elevation."
Foretelling? I
do not know!

I take it
as it
comes.

You are here.
No others
near.

It goes reaching
for what
I...

know or not.
It moves
me.

3 comments:

William Keckler said...

This is ineffably beautiful.

I predict this poem will find itself migrating through anthologies someday.

Repeatedly.

Peter said...

Thanks, Bill, for pointing it out.

RACHEL'S VALENTINE

All love poems call
poetry back (biatch)
to her sweet onions
not in the churches or stage
nor the last mouthful
of self-worship

but in someone else’s eyes
wickedness assembles me
a search party beats it
out of the night the future
forces it to give itself away

my ideals exceed me
by say a country century while I
was passing through your head
reading
your lovely poem.

Rachel said...

Bill, thanks! And Peter, I am honored to receive a valentine. I love reading the ones you post on Bill's blog. (also, love the biatch ;)