Sunday, August 23, 2009

To Fluff

It feels real when you float/stumble over at around midnight. I used to kick you out and tell you to come back when you were able to remember your adventure the next day. I gave up on that. It is nice having you in my bed with your arm around me. Even when you get fresh, I don't really mind. You're a blob of particles with no more mass than a dollop of fluff. When you make a date with me to meet you at the Starbucks near your house at 6pm I let my stomach flip just once before I remind it that you probably don't know you did that. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me what you remember of our translucent time together. I can see it clearly. I might keep our date just to get some coffee and have a laugh, but when you don't show up I will be just fine.

No comments: