Wednesday, July 8, 2009

pocket dialed by a wrong number

I was pocket dialed today by a wrong number. There is some laughing and apparently someone lost his shirt.
give a listen
I have a love/hate relationship with Vonage. I got the service a few months ago and only made one call with it so far. It costs about $30 a month with the taxes and fees which isn't bad, but it's been sitting in a box in my new basement for almost two months. I don't need a land line now because my roommate has one. I can think of several awesome things to do with a phone number but they all require effort. My favorite idea is to have a silly emergency line. I could record some silly things each day so people can call and get their daily silly dose. They can use it at the office as a pick-me-up after a boring or frustrating meeting. I would have loved that when I was working in an office. The only problem I see with that is waking up at the same time everyday to record it. My sleep schedule varies by hours everyday. Anyway, so the hate part of my Vonage relationship is that to cancel the service costs $40. When it costs money to make a phone call that I don't want to make anyway you can be assured that it will take me months to do it.

2 comments:

dan said...

did you try to call the number back? and how did you get to save it? or does vonage go through the computer?

Rachel said...

Hey Dan,
I didn't try to call the number back, just laughed at the message. Vonage sends voicemails to my email as .wav files. You can have them text you the message, written out or as a sound file, too.