Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Get out of my ear please and drive, drive, Goodwill, drive

1. I am sure you are unaware of your little shout out...
But please don't yell into my ear.
Thanks :)
(you probably don't know who you are) lol(lipops)


2. What a great driving and Goodwill day!! Whenever I need to unwind I go for a long drive to the Northwest corner of CT. Today the target was Sharon and was then extended to Hitchcock Hills, NY. Amazing farms, signs for Raw Milk, cows, horses, manure smells... Loved it all. There was a quick stop at the New Milford Goodwill for books, a tape and, I was hoping, a guitar. I've never even seen a guitar at goodwill. I lost mine to warping (and other things) recently. So it goes...
The books! What great stuff I found: a book of quotations, Oxford Concise ed., Philosophy of the Ancients, and Philosophy Before Socrates. The kicker though is the tape, "Rachel's Camp Mix #2." It's from the Summer of 1989 recorded on a Goldstar tape. The songs are all things I listened to around that time, too. So strange!
It's the end of the world as we know it
The one I love
Cuyahoga
Patience
Like a Prayer
Express Yourself
Miss American Pie
Man in Motion
St. Elmos Fire
Can't Touch This (yes, MC Hammer!!!)
Free Fallin'

I've been searching through tapes at Goodwill for over a decade and have never seen a tape with my name on it. It was great listening during my drive.

No comments: