Monday, April 12, 2010

sleepy pockets

Work is killing my brain. I don't think I have anything of substance to say at all. I have a bunch of projects I'd like to work on, too, but they stay in little pockets in my head. They are well designed, embroidered around the seam opening pockets, but still they stay locked up in their hiding places taking naps. I know what's it's like to be woken up from a nap and It's not a pretty scene, so that's just another reason they stay...I'd hate to become the temporary enemy of a groggy project. I've started all of them, in one way or another. Usually I start things spontaneously and then develop the moment into something organized. I have lots of videos of me singing in funny voices to the car radio; I call that 'Singin' Silly." That is in addition to my, "Dance Party in the Car" video series. I figure if I can make myself laugh after being cubicled in all day at a stinky manufacturing plant made in the 50's where I look at numbers and do paperwork, maybe I can inspire you to laugh too. Laugh at me, with me, at yourself, doesn't matter.

Smiling changes biochemistry, it's true. I read that in Psychosomatics, a really old book, so you know they aren't just playing. The Buddha also had a slight smile all the time and he knew what he was doing. Try it, curl your mouth up and tell me you don't notice that slight mood elevation- I do. Someone told me last summer that I have a grin even when I'm crying. I think it's because I used to practice keeping a Buddha face, it must have stuck.

Anyway, maybe some of these projects will surface soon. I'm also wanting to publish more chapbooks and zines. If you think Sephyrus Press is right for you let me know. I love words and paper. I will love working on your book. :) I also want a cheeseburger. I need to find gluten free buns and bring them to some greasy hamburger joint and ask them to use my bun. Mmmm, meat. I can't remember the last time I ate a cheeseburger but it's one of my favorite foods. My top pick is whipped cream. Yes, it's a food. I love making my own because I add all sorts of spices and extracts to it. Whipped cream can be fancy. It's also really good on fruit. Who needs ice cream when there are fruit bowls with whipped cream on top? Not me. Before this post gets more ridiculous and shows just how over tired I am I will go. Have wonderful days.

No comments: