Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blur: better than a chant



This song has so much energy, it's a real mover. They get going, building it up 'til they're all smiling and dancing. This is the last song on Best of Blur, which is a great cd. I saw blur once at a small theater in Boston, The Orpheum:
 It was probably 10 years ago and I didn't know the music aside from Song 2, which is rockin' so I went along.  I'll see just about any band live because it's great fun and you can dance :)  My friend and I ended up hanging out with the band at their hotel; in the bar/lobby, not in their rooms...  I was young and didn't have too much interesting conversation but I do remember pretending to be a drummer.  I used to do that a lot, not sure why, hehe.  I told that to Fiona Apple's drummer, too.  Blur has a fantastic sound and I love the way they use silly disco beats in some of their songs like in Boys and Girls. This song's base line is amazing, too.  Dance!



And I have to:


The woohoo song!  I scream this in my car every day.  It keeps me going. 

No comments: