Thursday, November 4, 2010

Having Issues

My first issue is that I need to write a bio for this new gig I got.  The first sentence has to include the year I started writing.  Uh... ?  It would be like if someone asked me how long I've been making art.  I can't seem to get past this.

Concern number two:  (this is why I never watch tv news) on ABC news right now is a story on the 'gluten-free diet FAD' and how it can be dangerous.  My goodness...  I'm feeling moody about this.  Nutritionists need to get their heads out of their asses.  He just said that not many people have celiac disease and then gave the stat as 1 in 100 have it.  I'd say that is a pretty high number!  OK, now he's saying that a diet devoid of gluten will lack fiber and nutrients because wheat flower is fortified with minerals and vitamins.  What about vegetables for fiber?  And beans and other grains like brown rice?  I know I'm just ranting but really?!  This is why two thirds of adults in this country are overweight.  They try something new, something a little different to help benefit themselves and they are shot down by an old-fashioned nutritionist from Columbia and a popular news station.       :(   
At least they explained what gluten is in the beginning of the story.  I am happy about that. 

No comments: