Saturday, December 23, 2017

Mountain Theme


In the end there was space and there was mountain.

Rebeccca? 

My name is Rachel, but yes?

We live on an island in outer space. It’s called, nevermind. Our air is neon yellow, orange, and slate. Are you OK with that?

Yes.

Would you prefer a water residence or one with a view?

Both, please.

Very well. Which patch would you like to call home? You can slide down any color at any time.

I like the tallest, please. Red.

We only have tan available. That was a trick question.

This is a little frustrating. Can’t you just take me there?

Of course. 

     Update:

I witnessed my first inverse sunset tonight. From the top of tan mountain where I can slide down into the ocean.

I have changed my name to Rebecca. But also go by Stan.

My children are to remain at home, on Earth.

I have brought my cat Bucky. (Purr Buckminster the Pony)

He is pleased with this location. And with the gorny weevils to chase.




#2

Odyssey
anticipation. Obscured 
from Black Mountains 

by a ball 
on the 
floor. 

Built 
a cabin
out of sassafras.

Fireplace stones pop 
yellow from
knots.

We 
suck bark 
straws and smell

the wide open 
future. Mmmm.
Laughing.

Why 
didn’t we
do this sooner?


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.