Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Obtuse






where does the higher elevation come in?
I met you in a paper building of x marks and ink.

Bjork talks of one day and see-through rendezvous.
I’ve seen that, too. outside against the bricks.

not lying, but never fully with the forests of flowers
or the too many rocks at the beach I grew up on.

almost there with pulling away from not good enough.
not sure if that’s the case in the land by the pond.

I’m sure that I’m smarter than this and yet creaks 
in my gut are overexposed and too crinkly for quiet.

this is straightened up bullshit where I want to say
that it’s all true and my promise was not mine.

it was the shed layer of Connecticut upbringing.
Waspy, crusty, idiocy where blue is better than black.

my not so secret emblazoned in blogs and sitcoms.
not so special of a feeling that’s covered in all the songs.

too big, too common, to ugly cry. Stoked, surfs up.
haha. So “I didn’t think I deserved this.”

I didn’t think this could happen for me. 

No comments: