Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In the interest of brevity

Some people pronounce words in a funny manner. I was watching the science channel and the man describing how ambulances were made kept saying ambu-lance with a twang on the lance. I had to turn off the television. The same goes for interest. The middle, er...too long. I've been reading about Einstein through the eyes of several modern physicists. They have their own opinions of how his mind works which are fascinating, though I wish I really got to know him. No one can really portray another's inner workings. I wonder if the people pronouncing things strangely are aware of their amusement factor. In the part of the country where they reside it's probably normal. I was in a truck today noticing the windows ice up and realized I lost my clarity for a moment. So I decided to get clear.  

No comments: