Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vacation in a dream




We were going to meet up in New Orleans so I could visit with my best friend. So there was a plane ride and an airport. Dreams are funny, because they can say nothing at all or spell out your whole life. I've never been good at interpreting them. On many occasions my whole family has died in dreams. I don't think I've ever died. I probably would have remembered that. I remember the first time I went to a meditation class and the host grounded us all as preparation for the evening. I sank three feet into the couch. It felt just like when I was 10 and before falling asleep I would sink down into my bed. I remarked to the teacher about what I felt and she said I must be a floater. Always half in and half out of my body. That is the first time I heard that expression and it seems to fit me even today.

No comments: